Jeakins Weir is dedicated to ensuring it complies with the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and all subsequent legislation and, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all persons engaged in or near the Company’s working operations, this includes employees, sub‐contractors and the general public.
The company’s Health and Safety aims are:
- To achieve high standards of health and safety by establishing procedures and working practices, together with a commitment to comply with health and safety regulations, statutory requirements and requirements of method statements, and to ensure that arrangements are effectively implemented by the proper allocation of resources.
- To promote a positive health and safety culture with a commitment to continual improvement of health and safety systems which protect the welfare of employees and any others affected by the activities of the organisation, including the prevention of injury or ill health.
- To ensure that employees receive adequate supervision, instruction, information and training in the safety aspects of their work.
- To make available all necessary safety and protective equipment.
- To ensure that all employees are aware of their responsibilities under this policy and that consultation between all parties is effective.
- To comply fully with the requirements of OHSAS 18001: 2007 – Registered October 2008.
Our Health & Safety policy represents our commitment on behalf of the company and sets the framework for meeting our health and safety programs and objectives. The policy is reviewed on an annual basis.
Download the Jeakins Weir Health And Safety Policy Statement