Jeakins Weir is committed to developing an organisational culture involving all sections of the community, and acknowledging the contribution each individual can make to our work.
Jeakins Weir has a responsibility to ensure that equality of opportunity and effective management of diversity are at the core of its business, and generate targets to deliver services that are both responsive to the needs of communities and individuals, and promote social inclusion.
The company is committed to ensuring that there will be no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin in recruitment, promotion, training or transfer, terms and conditions of service, discipline or dismissal, and that harassment will not be tolerated.
The Company has overall responsibility for the delivery of the Equality and Diversity Policy and:
- Reviews the policy annually.
- Ensures an Action Plan is in place to implement the policy effectively.
- Ensures staff have the necessary resources and skills for effective implementation.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the policy against agreed targets.
- Ensures that recruitment of staff is fair and transparent, and conforms to established equality principles including that of positive action where there is under‐representation.