Jeakins Weir Ltd recognises the environmental impact from its business activities, and is committed to adopting and implementing its Environmental Policy.
The company and its employees will endeavour to: eliminate or minimise environmental pollution caused by its operations and its products throughout their life cycle; reduce the creation of waste and dispose of such waste safely and responsibly; reduce the consumption of natural resources and energy.
To achieve these principles the company:
- Applies the most economically viable application of best available technology.
- Educates and motivates all employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Assesses the environmental implications of new contracts, processes, capital projects, acquisitions and diversities prior to implementation.
- Continuously improves in all areas of environmental protection, setting goals and establishing methods of measuring progress.
- Monitors and implements legislation, regulations, standards and technology relevant to its activities and their environmental impact.
- Communicates to its customers, suppliers and other interested parties its intentions and encourage them to adopt where appropriate similar environmental policies and principles.
- Audits appropriately, all operations and practices for compliance with the spirit as well as the substance of all applicable laws, regulations, and internal requirements, including these principles and practices.
- Complies with the requirements and principles of ISO14001: 2004.
Dowload the Jeakins Weir Environmental Policy Statement