Jeakins Weir is reflecting on a particularly busy summer working on significant building and refurbishment projects in the extremely time-sensitive education sector.
It was onsite at seven schools across three different counties working simultaneously on over £10 million of contracts for four different clients. All seven projects were completed by the start of the autumn school term in early September.
The benefit of Jeakins Weir’s work is a large quantity of new student places available across Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Warwickshire.
(Henry Chichele Primary School)
Of the seven contracts completed, four were procured via the East Midlands Property Alliance (empa) Intermediate Framework Agreement and three via the LGSS Framework.
Jeakins Weir has a four-year contract with empa, the Nottingham-based procurement organisation. LGSS is one of the largest public sector shared services ventures of its kind in the UK, wholly owned by Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire County Councils and Milton Keynes Council.
Alistair Weir, Managing Director of Jeakins Weir said: “The school summer holiday is one of our busiest period of the year. July and August are firmly focussed on building and refurbishing schools and colleges. It is essential that our activity doesn’t disrupt lessons and so in many instance we have to be finished ready for the new academic year. We are delighted to have been able to have completed all seven schools on time and on budget.”
(Roade Primary School)
The seven completed education sector projects are:
- Roade Primary School – £2m extension – Northamptonshire County Council – LGSS
- Moulton Primary School – £2.1m extension – Northamptonshire County Council – LGSS
- Henry Chichele Primary School – £2m extension – Northamptonshire County Council – LGSS
- Corby Primary Academy Nursery – £330k modular unit – Greenwood Academies – empa
- St Lukes Primary School – £570k modular unit – Leicestershire County Council – empa
- Oxley Primary School – £430k modular unit – Leicestershire County Council – empa
- Kineton High School – £2.6m extension – Warwickshire County Council – empa